Abu Simbel, 4:30 pm, 8 February 1867 (379)
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 × 10 inches (8.9 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Abou Simbl. 4.30. 8 Feby. 1867"; in brown ink, lower right: "(379)"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "92 | Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape | monument | rocks (landforms) | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Abu Simbel | Africa | Egypt | Lake Nasser | Nubia | Nubia
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Abu Simbel, 4:30 pm, 8 February 1867 (379), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.