IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Between Sabooa & Maharraka, 1867
Between Sabooa & Maharraka
- Additional Title(s):
Between Sabua and Maharraqa
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, rough, wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 x 6 7/8 inches (5.1 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "1.PM. Feby.13. 1867. between Sabooa, & Maharraka."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "456"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape | mountains | palm trees | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Lake Nasser | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.