- Part Of:
- after 1821
- Lithograph with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 12 9/16 inches (21.9 × 31.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "8 1/2 x 12 3/8"; on back, center left: "L"; on back, lower left: "4 plates | aoo"; on back, lower right: "56725/4 | LV-"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "I A Atkinson"; within image, lower right, on paper pasted to sheet: "MAY DAY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bonnets | boys | breeches | broom | cart | children | cityscape | cobblestones | costume | dancing | dresses | fair | festival | flounces | gates | genre subject | girl | hats | horses (animals) | leisure | May Day | men | plumes | ribbons | ruffles | ruffs | shovel | street | table spoon | trees | trousers | wagon | wall | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Rowney & Forster, active 1820–1822, May Day, after 1821