- Maharraka, 7:35 am, 14 February 1867 (465)
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/16 x 6 7/8 inches (5.9 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower left: "Maharraka 7.35 AM. Feby 14. 1867"; lower right: "(465)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "1 p.m Feby 13.1867"; upper right: "(456)"; lower center: "259"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns (architectural elements) | desert | lake | landscape | monument | palm trees | ruins | sand | sky | temple | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Lake Nasser | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Maharraka, 7:35 am, 14 February 1867 (465), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.