- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, wove paper, mounted on thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/16 x 6 7/8 inches (5.9 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "Dakkeh. 15.Feby. 1867. 9.15.AM"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "479"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | hill | landscape | river | river | riverbank | ruins | temple | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Lake Nasser | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Dakkeh, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.