- Near Dendour
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (6.3 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: " near Dendoor. 6.5.PM. Feby.15.1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "(488)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "265 | noon Feby 15, 1867"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "(495)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | building | hills | landscape | palm trees | river | river | sky | temple | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Dendour, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.