Near Tafa, 5:50 pm, 16 February 1867 (505A)
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 3/8 x 6 7/8 inches (6 x 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center right: "[...]"; in pen and brown ink, lower left:"5.50. PM. Feby. 16 1867. near Tafa."; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "A | 505"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "137. up | Lowest"; in graphite, upper right: "271"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | palm trees | river | river | rocks (landforms) | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Tafa, 5:50 pm, 16 February 1867 (505A), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.