John Flaxman, 1755–1826, British, Study of a Gentleman, called Dr. Johnson, undated
Study of a Gentleman, called Dr. Johnson
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 2 1/4 x 1 1/4 inches (5.7 x 3.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite: "Stothard's Idea of | Dr. Johnson | F[ . . . ]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Herman W. Liebert
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | physician | science | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.