- Tapha, 7:50 a.m., February 17, 1867
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 13 3/4 inches (21.6 x 34.9 cm)
Inscribed with pen in brown ink, lower left: "Tapha. 7.50."; inscribed with pen in brown ink, lower right: "x far blue hills, seen through palm leaves | (511)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- desert | figure (illustration) | landscape | palm trees | river | robe | ruins | sand | sky | temples
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Nubia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Tapha, 7:50 a.m., February 17, 1867, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.