- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/16 x 5 15/16 inches (8.4 x 15.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "Phila. | 3.AM. Feby 19. 1867 Moonlight on still waters. (the [rox are?] drawn on one of 1854. (527)" Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "147 longwise | middle line | left"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | island | landscape | river | river | rocks (landforms) | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Aswan High Dam | Egypt | Nile | Philae
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.