- Karnak, 9:30 am, 24 February 1867 (546)
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 11/16 x 9 7/8 inches (17 x 25.1 cm)
inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Karnak. 9.30 AM. 24. Feby 1867."(repeated in graphite, lower right); in brown ink, lower right: "(546)" (repeated in graphite above); Verso: in graphite, center: "151 | up | next below Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | desert | landscape | monument | palm trees | ruins | sand | sky | studies (visual works) | temples
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Karnak | Luxor | Thebes | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Karnak, 9:30 am, 24 February 1867 (546), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.