- Es Shoorafa, near Mensheeh
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, moderately textured wove paper, mounted on very thick, slightly textured wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/16 x 6 15/16 inches (6.2 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "Es Shoorafa-near Mensheeh. 11.AM. March.1.1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(574)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | domes | figures (representations) | landscape | palm trees | river | river | riverbank | sand | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Al-Manshah | Nile | Sohag | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Es Shoorafa, near Mensheeh, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.