Gebel Sheikh Abu Fodde, 7:30 am, 4 March 1867 (590)
- Additional Title(s):
Gebel Sheikh Abu Foda
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 9 7/8 inches (8.6 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center right: "[...] sand | [...] W"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "blue"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Gebel Sheikh Abou Fodde. 7.30 AM. March 4. 1867."; in pen and brown ink, lower right:"(590)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "159 up"; in graphite, center: "next above lowest"; in graphite, upper center: "315"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cliffs | figures (representations) | landscape | river | river | rocks (landforms) | structures (single built works) | water | windows
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Abu Fodde, 7:30 am, 4 March 1867 (590), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.