Deir El Adra
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 x 9 7/8 inches (8.6 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "Deir El Adra. 5.30.PM. 5.March.1867; in brown ink, lower right: "goldy white at sunset (601)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "319 | 161 up | next below"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | boats | buildings | cliffs | landscape | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.