- Track Laying by Night
- Lithograph on medium, smooth, beige wove paper affixed to thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on canvas
- Mount: 40 7/16 x 49 15/16 inches (102.7 x 126.8 cm), Sheet: 39 3/16 x 48 13/16 inches (99.6 x 124 cm), Image: 37 5/8 x 48 inches (95.5 x 121.9 cm), and Image: 33 1/8 x 48 inches (84.2 x 121.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "246"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back: "B622 230"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "[?IR1513/11]"
Lettered lower left within image: ".CUNEO."; lettered lower left: "BRITISH RAILWAYS" (encircled within a logo); lettered lower left to lower right: "TRACK LAYING BY NIGHT"; lettered lower right: "BRITISH RAILWAYS" (encircled within a logo); lettered lower left: "PUBLISHED BY THE RAILWAY EXECUTIVE (A.R. 1112)"; lettered lower center: "PRINTED IN GREAT BRITAIN"; lettered lower right: "WATERLOW & SONS LIMITED, LONDON & DUNSTABLE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © National Railway Museum / SSPL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | building | carriages | cars | cityscape | construction | genre subject | historical subject | infrastructure | labor | laborers | lamps | night | pick | railroad | railway | smoke | station | steam | steel | tools | tracks | trains | transport | work | wrench
- Associated Places:
- Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Terence Tenison Cuneo, 1907–1996, British, Track Laying by Night, 1948
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.