York: See Britain by Train
- after 1948
- Sheet: 39 7/8 x 49 7/8 inches (101.3 x 126.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left: " EBORACUM OF THE ROMANS | EOFORWIC OF THE ANGLES | YORWIK OF THE VIKINGS | ONE OF THE ANCIENT | CITIES OF THE WORLD | BRITISH RAILWAYS"; lower center: "YORK | SEE BRITAIN BY TRAIN"; lower right: "INFORMATION FROM | PRINCIPAL TRAVEL AGENTS | OF BRITISH RAILWAYS OFFICES | NEW YORK, CHICAGO, | LOS ANGELES AND TORONTO | BRITISH RAILWAYS"
Signed lower right: "E H Spencer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © National Railway Museum / SSPL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cityscape | coats of arms | historical subject | railway | tourism
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom | York
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
E. H. Spencer, active 1964, British, York: See Britain by Train, after 1948
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.