- Country Walks: Summer
- Sheet: 39 15/16 x 25 inches (101.4 x 63.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Where the thistle lifts a purple crown | Six feet out of the turf, | And the harebell shakes on the windy hill…' | London Transport's Country Walks books are your sure guide to miles of rambles through the green | pleasantness of London's country. They contain detailed path routes, sketch maps and details of | how to get there and back, and cost 2/6 each. The new series 3 (with Ordnance Survey maps) cost | 3/6. Buy them at Underground ticket offices and book stalls, at the Travel Enquiry Offices at Piccadilly Circus and St. James's Park stations, or from the Publicity Officer, 55 Broadway, S.W.1 | Make the most of your public transport"
Signed lower right: "Robert Tavener"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © TfL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | children | dogs (animals) | fence | flowers (plants) | frog (animal) | landscape | path | summer | thistle | tourism | transport | walking
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Tavener, active 1958, British, Country Walks: Summer, 1958
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.