Country Walks: Summer
- Sheet: 39 15/16 x 25 inches (101.4 x 63.5 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "Where the thistle lifts a purple crown | Six feet out of the turf, | And the harebell shakes on the windy hill…' | London Transport's Country Walks books are your sure guide to miles of rambles through the green | pleasantness of London's country. They contain detailed path routes, sketch maps and details of | how to get there and back, and cost 2/6 each. The new series 3 (with Ordnance Survey maps) cost | 3/6. Buy them at Underground ticket offices and book stalls, at the Travel Enquiry Offices at Piccadilly Circus and St. James's Park stations, or from the Publicity Officer, 55 Broadway, S.W.1 | Make the most of your public transport"
Signed lower right: "Robert Tavener"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © TfL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | children | dogs (animals) | fence | flowers (plants) | frog (animal) | landscape | path | summer | thistle | tourism | transport | walking
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Tavener, active 1958, British, Country Walks: Summer, 1958
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.