- Sir Christopher Wren
- Sheet: 38 3/8 x 25 inches (97.5 x 63.5 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "SI MONVMENTVM REQVIRIS, CIRCVMSPICE" ; lower left: "SIR CHRISTOPHER | WREN | TOOK UP HIS PEN | AND WORKED | FOR HOURS | ON THE CITY TOWERS" ; lower right: "YOU CAN | VISIT THEM STILL | WITHOUT ANY FUSS | BY | LONDON TRANSPORT | TRAIN OR BUS"
Signed center right: "Paper sculpture by Bruce Angrave"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- © TfL
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | architectural subject | churches | man | model | paper | portrait | sculpture | tights | towers
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Wren, Sir Christopher (1632–1723), architect, mathematician, and astronomer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Bruce Angrave, 1914–1983, British, Sir Christopher Wren, 1964
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.