IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Memphis, 1867
- Brown wash, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 7 11/16 inches (9.5 x 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Memphis. 8.AM. March 15.1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "610A"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Longwise. | 164 Top Line - left"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "326"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | figure study | sculpture | stone
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Lower Egypt | Memphis
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.