Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Sketch studies of camels, January to April 1867
Sketch studies of camels
- January to April 1867
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 4 13/16 x 2 7/8 inches (12.2 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "168 up | Line next above | Lowest | left"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | camels (mammals) | genre subject | harness | saddle bags | studies (visual works) | tassels
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.