Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Studies of Camels, January to April 1867
Studies of Camels
- January to April 1867
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 4 9/16 inches (17.8 x 11.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "330"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | camels (mammals) | figures (representations) | genre subject | robes | seated | studies (visual works) | turbans
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.