IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, Memories, undated
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 x 10 inches (32.7 x 25.4 cm), Plate: 8 11/16 x 6 5/8 inches (22 x 16.9 cm), Image: 8 7/16 x 6 9/16 inches (21.5 x 16.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Memories"; lower right: "30-"
Artist's stamp: William Lee Hankey (Lugt 2637a); marked in black ink, lower left, stamp: "8783"; on back, marked in purple ink, lower left: "MADE IN ENGLAND"
Artist's monogram lettered inside image: "WLH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Fred Costa & Georgiana Ancker Costa in memory of Robert G. Lange
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bald | drinking | genre subject | man | memory | old | solemn | thoughtful | wine | wine glass
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.