- Zereeba, near Belbeis
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 3/4 x 8 1/2 inches (7 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "6.30AM March 24.- Zereeba- near Belbeis."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(4)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "168. up | Lowest"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "348"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camels (mammals) | figures (representations) | genre subject | landscape | robes | sand | sky | study (visual work) | trees | turbans
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Belbeis | Bilbays | Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Zereeba, near Belbeis, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.