- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/16 x 6 5/16 inches (10.3 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Belbeis. 7.25.AM. March 1867."; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper center: "349"; inscribed in graphite, center left: "169"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "up | Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camel (mammal) | figures (representations) | landscape | palm trees | sand | sky | structures (single built works)
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Bilbeis | Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Belbeis, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.