View of the Front of the New Public Buildings, Guildford
- Aquatint with etching, hand-colored on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- 11 7/16 x 15 3/8 inches (29.1 x 39 cm), 9 1/16 x 11 1/8 inches (23 x 28.2 cm), and 6 5/16 x 8 3/4 inches (16 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "P.C. Di 20 | Part 21"; lower left: "P.8"; on back, upper left: "(poorly erased) [...]"
Lettered, lower center: "To the MAYOR and APPROVED MEN of the BOROUGH of GUILDFORD, | and the rest of the SUBSCRIBERS to the Erection of the New Public Buildings in that Town. | This view of the FRONT of the NEW PUBLIC BUILDINGS, GUILDFORD. is Inscribed | by their most obedient and obliged Servant | Henry Garling, Architect. | Published Jan.y 1819 by Henry Garling, 13, Little James Street, Bedford Row."; lower right: "Engraved by R. Havell & Son. | 3, Chapel St. Tottenham Court Road."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | architectural subject | architecture | bonnets | buildings | businesses | children | city | columns | genre subject | markets | men | pediment | shopping | shops | storefronts | street | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Guildford | Surrey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Havell & Son, 1769–1832, British, View of the Front of the New Public Buildings, Guildford, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.