IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Salahiyeh, 1867
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/2 x 9 7/8 inches (6.4 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Salahiyeh. 6.35.PM 25 March. 1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(15.)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper right: "356"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camels (mammals) | landscape | sand | sky
- Associated Places:
- Africa | As Salihiyah | Egypt
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.