- Portrait of Benjamin West, P.R.A.
- Graphite, watercolor, white chalk, and red pencil on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 9 1/2 inches (32.7 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Portrait of B West Esq. P.R.A. | M Baynes 1814"; in graphite on verso, center: "Please do take care of / the sketch for its supposed to be | the best portrait of him - there is going to be a plate from this portrait | ... Jackson | M.M. Baynes"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- man | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Jackson, 1778–1831, British, Portrait of Benjamin West, P.R.A, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.