- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/16 x 9 inches (8.7 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "Salahiyeh | 5.20.AM. March 26 1867. no camel up so early. a di[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camels (mammals) | camp sites (temporary settlements) | landscape | palm trees | sand | sky | smoke | structure (single built work) | tents
- Associated Places:
- Africa | As Salihiyah | Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Salahiyeh, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.