- Additional Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 x 6 5/16 inches (11.1 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: 'Salihiyeh 6.AM. march 26. 1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "deep center. dark aisle - trunks catch gold."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(18) | 18"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "171 | up"; inscribed in graphite, center: "Middle"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "360"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure (representation) | landscape | palm trees | sand | sky
- Associated Places:
- Africa | As Salihiyah | Egypt
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.