- Near El Areesh, 3:30 pm, 30 March 1867 (27)
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 9 7/8 inches (12.1 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink over graphite, upper center: "[...] dark blue"; in pen and brown ink over graphite, center right: "smooth sand | [...]"; in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower left: "near El Areesh. | 30 March. 1867. 3.30 PM"; in pen and brown ink over graphite, lower right: "(27)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "174 up"; in graphite, center: "Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camels (mammals) | desert | donkey | figures (representations) | landscape | sand | sky | tents
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Sinai Peninsula | ‘Arîsh, Wâdi el
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near El Areesh, 3:30 pm, 30 March 1867 (27), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.