El Areesh, 6:30 pm, 31 March 1867 (33)
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 x 9 inches (7.9 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink over graphite, upper right: "green blue"; in pen and gray ink over graphite, center: "amber | amber"; in pen and gray ink over graphite, lower left: "El Areesh. | 6.30. PM. March 31. 1867 | 6.30"; in pen and gray ink over graphite, lower right: "(33)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "176 up | Top"; in graphite, upper right: "368"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camel (mammal) | evening | figures (representations) | landscape | smoke | tents
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Arish, Wadi al | Egypt | Sinai Peninsula
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, El Areesh, 6:30 pm, 31 March 1867 (33), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.