El Areesh (Torrens Ægypti)
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 2 9/16 x 8 15/16 inches (6.5 x 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "El Areesh | (Torrens Aegypte) 6.30.AM.Aril 1, 1867; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "39"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "176 up"; inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "next above lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | palm trees | sand | sea | sky
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Arish, Wadi el | Egypt | Sinai Peninsula
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, El Areesh (Torrens Ægypti), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.