- San Marino from Ravenna
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/4 x 9 inches (5.7 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "S. Marino, from Ravenna. near the Sea. May 3. 1867.-2.PM. (not very correct.); inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(1)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "195. up. | Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Ravenna | San Marino
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, San Marino from Ravenna, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.