IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, San Leo from San Marino, 1867
San Leo from San Marino
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 13/16 x 4 3/4 inches (7.1 x 12.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "5.30.AM. | May 9. 1867. | S. Leo- from S. Marino."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "57.C."; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper center: "219 Longwise | Top left"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: Top line | one of 4 next B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | hills | landscape | sky
- Associated Places:
- Italy | San Leo | San Marino
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.