- San Leo from San Marino
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 13/16 x 4 3/4 inches (7.1 x 12.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "5.30.AM. | May 9. 1867. | S. Leo- from S. Marino."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "57.C."; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper center: "219 Longwise | Top left"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: Top line | one of 4 next B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | hills | landscape | sky
- Associated Places:
- Italy | San Leo | San Marino
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, San Leo from San Marino, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.