One of six perspective designs for the Concave Mirror and engraved mirrors in Vauxhall Gardens
- Etching, stipple engraving and drypoint print on moderately thick, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet (unevenly cut along lower edge): 11 1/4 x 15 1/2 inches (28.6 x 39.4 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 12 3/16 inches (24.8 x 31 cm), and Image: 8 7/16 x 10 5/8 inches (21.5 x 27 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper left: "4"; lower left under image: "S:W. Inv."; lower right under image: "Bonneau. F."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | ball | children | columns | concave mirrors | costume | designs | discussion (meeting) | dog (animal) | exploring | fancy dress | fresco | gardens | Hallways | leisure | men | mythology | palace | plans | railing | sculpture | stairs | statues | talking | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Lambeth | London | Southwark | United Kingdom | Vauxhall Gardens
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacob Bonneau, 1741–1786, British, One of six perspective designs for the Concave Mirror and engraved mirrors in Vauxhall Gardens, 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.