St. Archangelo, from the Railway Carriage
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, blue wove paper
- 3 x 9 1/16 inches (7.6 x 23 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "S. Archangels from K Rlwy Carriage."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "(62)"; Verso: in brown ink, center: "next below top | middle."; inscribed in graphite, upper right; "379"; inscribed in graphite, center left: "219. | Longwise | Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | landscape | sky
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Santarcángelo di Romagna
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, St. Archangelo, from the Railway Carriage, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.