IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Desenzano, 1867
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 1 5/8 x 4 7/16 inches (4.1 x 11.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Desenzano. 1.PM.May 12.1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "64B"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "381"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | lake | landscape | marine art | mountains | sail | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Desenzano del Garda | Italy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.