- Lago Maggiore...Stresa
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 x 8 13/16 inches (10.6 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower left: "Lago Maggiore...Stresa. 29 May.6.20.PM. 1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "192"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "272 Longwise " Middle | right"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "389"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | lake | landscape | mountains | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lago Maggiore | Lombardy | Piedmont | Stresa | Verbano, Lago
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Lago Maggiore...Stresa, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.