Santa Decca, Corfu, 28 May 1848 (126)
- Pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 19 7/8 inches (35.6 x 50.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "S. Decca."; in graphite, lower right: "126 | 124 | 125" [125 and 124 are crossed out]; Verso: in brown ink, center: "78 | Long[view?]"; in graphite, upper right: "394b"; in graphite, lower right: "Corfu"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure (representation) | landscape | rocks (landforms) | trees | vegetation
- Associated Places:
- Corfu | Greece | Ionian Islands
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Santa Decca, Corfu, 28 May 1848 (126), 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.