A Difference of Opinion
- Etching, line engraving, and stipple engraving on medium, smooth, cream parchment paper
- 18 15/16 × 12 3/16 inches (48.1 × 30.9 cm) and 13 1/2 × 7 15/16 inches (34.3 × 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left, underlined: "Luth[...]"
embossed stamp, lower left, within concentric ovals: "PEIRTRELT(?) [...] | ASSOCIATION"; within inner oval: "LO"
Lettered in black ink, upper center: "Copyright 1897 by Messrs,, Arthur Tooth and Sons, Publishers, 5 & 6, Haymarket, London, 299 Fifth Avenue, New York, & Messrs,, Stiefbold & Co,, Berlin, Printed by Messrs,, A. Salmon & Ardail, Porcabeuf succr, Paris."
Signed in graphite, lower right, underlined: "A Boulard [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bryan Fuermann
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Classical | crown (costume component) | dress | fountain | garden | gazing | hands | landscape | love | man | moustache | railings | relief | religious and mythological subject | Roman Empire | statue | tiara | toga | torn | veil | vines | wall | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Auguste Boulard, 1852–1927, French, A Difference of Opinion, 1897
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.