A Difference of Opinion
- Etching, line engraving, and stipple engraving on medium, smooth, cream parchment paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 18 15/16 x 12 3/16 inches (48.1 x 30.9 cm) and Image: 13 1/2 x 7 15/16 inches (34.3 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left, underlined: "Luth[...]"
embossed stamp, lower left, within concentric ovals: "PEIRTRELT(?) [...] | ASSOCIATION"; within inner oval: "LO"
Lettered in black ink, upper center: "Copyright 1897 by Messrs,, Arthur Tooth and Sons, Publishers, 5 & 6, Haymarket, London, 299 Fifth Avenue, New York, & Messrs,, Stiefbold & Co,, Berlin, Printed by Messrs,, A. Salmon & Ardail, Porcabeuf succr, Paris."
signed in graphite, lower right, underlined: "A Boulard [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Bryan Fuermann
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Classical | crown (costume component) | dress | fountain | garden | landscape | love | man | railings | relief | Roman Empire | statue | toga | torn | vines | wall | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Auguste Boulard, 1852–1927, French, A Difference of Opinion, 1897
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.