The Highland Ferry, Scotland
- Former Title(s):
The Ferry at Forfar
- Drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 12 3/8 x 18 1/8 inches (31.4 x 46 cm) and 9 13/16 x 12 13/16 inches (24.9 x 32.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "P. A. C. #17723"; in brown-black ink, lower left: "49· 77."; in graphite, lower right: "The Highland Ferry, Scotland. 36 (crossed out)?"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left, in monogram: "CW" within larger C
Signed in brown-black ink, lower center: "Charles W · Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | boulders | boys | caps (headgear) | carrying | children | dresses | father | ferry | genre subject | girls | hats | hills | jumping | lake | landscape | man | mother | mountains | oar | purse (bag) | rocks (landforms) | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- Angus | Forfar | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Highland Ferry, Scotland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.