- Mr. Hawks thinks he had Better Turn Back
- Graphite and black chalk
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 7in. (10.8 x 17.8cm) and Frame: 9 15/16 × 12 9/16 × 13/16 inches (25.2 × 31.9 × 2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Mr. Hawks thinks he had better turn back"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | horses (animals) | leisure | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, Mr. Hawks thinks he had Better Turn Back, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.