- The Reverend Paul Returns with Despatches
- Graphite and black chalk
- Sheet: 4 5/16 × 6 15/16 inches (10.9 × 17.7 cm) and Frame: 10 1/16 × 12 13/16 × 3/8 inches (25.6 × 32.5 × 0.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Leve[?n]"; lower center: "The Revd. Paul returning with despatches"
Blind-embossed stamp: [...]
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Phiz"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | caricature | carriage | horse (animal) | reverend | wagon | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, The Reverend Paul Returns with Despatches, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.