IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Duncan, 1803–1882, British, The First Thames Steamboat: Pearl, undated
The First Thames Steamboat: Pearl
- Additional Title(s):
"Pearl", the first Thames Steamboat
The First Thames Steamboat "Pearl"
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 14 1/2 inches (25.7 x 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The First Thames Steamboat 'Pearl'"; inscribed on back in black chalk, upper center: "watercolor by Duncan"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | flag | marine art | river | steamboat | Union Jack
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.