- The First Thames Steamboat: Pearl
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, moderately textured, blue wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 14 1/2 inches (25.7 x 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The First Thames Steamboat 'Pearl'"; inscribed on back in black chalk, upper center: "watercolor by Duncan"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | flag | marine art | river | steamboat | Union Jack
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Duncan, 1803–1882, British, The First Thames Steamboat: Pearl, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.