- Too Late for the Meet, c. 1860: a Lady on horseback greeting a Man who is alighting from a gig
- ca. 1860
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 10 3/4 inches (16.8 × 27.3 cm) and Frame: 12 3/4 × 16 3/4 × 3/16 inches (32.4 × 42.5 × 0.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: " Why Tom! what ever has happened. what | ever makes you so late? the hounds have thrown off at least three minutes ago!"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Cuthb[y?] | W[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | carriage | genre subject | horse (animal) | horses (animals) | lady | road | sporting art | wagon
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, ( English School ) nineteenth century, Too Late for the Meet, c. 1860: a Lady on horseback greeting a Man who is alighting from a gig, ca. 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.