The Earl of Lonsdale's Hound Van arriving at a Meet of the Cottesmore Hunt, March 22, 1809
- Pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 12 5/8in. (18.1 x 32.1cm) and Frame: 13 3/16 × 18 11/16 × 1/4 inches (33.5 × 47.5 × 0.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, lower left: "The Earl of Lansdale Collemore Hart Hound Van. | Four [..] | [?] in yellow. [?] blue cuffs, collar, [?]. Monogram on sleeve. White top hat and whip. | Coachman in dark blue round [?] | Yellow van. blue cushions | silver handles and padlocks on door; lower center: " Traces right through. no bars; lower right: "Lord Lansdale | on big brown with star | and near, white hind [?]"
Signed in pen and ink, lower left: "C.B. | March. 22.09"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | carriage | earl | horse (animal) | hunt | sporting art | wagon
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Leicestershire | Oakham | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, ('C. B.') nineteenth century, The Earl of Lonsdale's Hound Van arriving at a Meet of the Cottesmore Hunt, March 22, 1809, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.