Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Study of a Goat, late 1770s
Study of a Goat
- late 1770s
- Black chalk and stumping, and white chalk on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper, laid down on card
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 9 7/8 inches (16.8 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed verso, lower right, in blue pastel: "x" | in graphite, "u"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | antler | goat | reclining | scribbles
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.