- Hunting a Hog-Deer: plate 24 for "Oriental Field Sports"
- Watercolor, with pen, in gray ink, black ink, blue ink, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 11/16 × 17 inches (29.7 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "39"
Signed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Howitt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- creek | deer | dog (animal) | dogs (animals) | elephant (animal) | field | grass | guns | horseback riders | horses (animals) | horses (animals) | houses | hunters | hunting | landscape | men | palm trees | spears | sporting art | stream | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | India
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Michael Sack, India on transferware, a compendium on Indian scenes on transferware together with their source prints , Transferware Collectors Club, [S.l.], 2009, p.176, NK4277 S34 2009 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Howitt, 1756–1822, British, Hunting a Hog-Deer: plate 24 for "Oriental Field Sports", 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.