IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gwen John, 1876–1939, British, Nun with a Group of Orphans, ca. 1910
Nun with a Group of Orphans
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study of a head in profile
- ca. 1910
- Gouache, watercolor and graphite; verso: graphite
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 4 7/8 inches (15.9 × 12.4 cm), Frame: 12 13/16 × 11 5/16 × 1 inches (32.5 × 28.7 × 2.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | hat | head | nun | orphans | profile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Andrea Bu¨ttner : hidden marriages - Gwen John & Moss, Koenig Books, London; Koln, 2014, pp. 3, 8-9, 52-59, 61, NJ18.B8693535 A12 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
Cecily Langdale, Gwen John : With a Catalogue Raisonne of the Paintings and a Selection of the Drawings, , Yale University Press, New Haven, 1987, p. 60, 65, 101, 198, no. 211, Plate 83, NJ18 J594 A12 L25 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.