A Man and a Boy Riding on a Beach
- Pen and black and brown ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (14.6 × 19.1 cm) and Frame: 10 1/16 × 11 3/4 × 13/16 inches (25.6 × 29.8 × 2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, lower center: "This is a great place for riding-horses which can [be?] | hired in size to suit everybody!"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | beach | caricature | horses (animals) | horses (animals) | riding | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Philip William May, 1864–1903, British, A Man and a Boy Riding on a Beach, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.