A Man and a Boy Riding on a Beach
- Pen and black and brown ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (14.6 × 19.1 cm) and Frame: 10 1/16 × 11 3/4 × 13/16 inches (25.6 × 29.8 × 2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, lower center: "This is a great place for riding-horses which can [be?] | hired in size to suit everybody!"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | beach | caricature | riding | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Philip William May, 1864–1903, British, A Man and a Boy Riding on a Beach, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.